Thursday, July 9, 2009

"Ask him how much of your mind...

I am a strong woman and take pride in my accomplishments, but you know there's always a test. The American Broadcasting System ain't got sh** on life. Life will pick you up, toss you around, and throw you to the ground....but hey through it all, you've got to love it and appreciate the lessons of life.
I have learned to not become to comfortable, complacent, or confident...an old addiction adage. That's because just when you feel you may have your mind set, something happens to break you down, or at least make an attempt.
I am dealing with some serious "issues" with a friend and it has left me feeling highly emotional this week. It has drudged up many memories of what life used to like for me and my children and shown me what may have been a reality for us had I not found the presence of mind when I did. For that I must thank my higher power, my spiritual communication.
I must remember that my life; body, mind, soul, and spirit, is a constant work in progress. It must be progress in order to embrace my strength and spirit to overcome obstacles that may sideswipe me.
I have a very difficult task this morning and I have not slept well for days, I know what I must do despite the consequences it may cause. I have been up preparing my mind for this feat and still feel very distraught with it all.
I'll get through it, I know I will, but at what cost? I hope, I pray the choices I make will benefit those I truly love.
So as we gather here to get through life......shall we all be strength for each other? Shall we all remember the fragility in peace of mind? shall we all take time to build our strengths so when we need, it is there. Shall we all take time to lift our spirits so it will rise to any occassion.

No comments:

Post a Comment