Monday, August 10, 2009

Let Go.....

Life is truly a journey. There are times when you may think you have everything together and the walls will crumble down even though a brick has not been removed (that's if yawls walls are made of bricks!).
Maybe that's the time we should contemplate the value and strengths we have decided to use as a foundation (our bricks and mortar, given an analogy). They say you learn everything you need to know in Kindergarten and I believe there is TRUTH in that statement. I can recall a story about a big, bad wolf and three little pigs. So be careful what you use to build your house.
We can definitely be deceived by false witness(that big, bad wolf is sneaky, Lord knows!).
So I am taking a refresher course in evaluating the bricks and mortar of my foundation. I am not a religious type people(whatever that means!) but I do feel a spirtual connection in life. I am going to make every attempt to become more in tune with my spiritual side since I have allowed some people to interfer with my foundation. Hey, no blame, not their fault, as a matter of fact it may have very well been their lifes' purpose to keep ME aware! That's good, because everyone needs serious reevaluation at times.
I am in control of my own feelings and actions. I confess it is difficult at times(very difficult) but only change is constant and this change is part of my journey, my life!
So I am going to be thankful for what I have and not what I want to have. Sometimes what we want to have isn't what we need...and that's how I am going to view it. I am going to let go (even if it wears me down) and I am going to let my spirit soar. It's sad this foundational collapse, but this shall make me stronger. It shall make me more aware of whom, how, where, and when I chose my rebuilding material. In the inspirational words of an incredibly distinguished and devote woman: "And still I rise....

No comments:

Post a Comment